What a perfect time for my family to show how much they appreciate me for putting up with all the crap they put me through on a daily basis. Come to think of it, it might not be such a bad idea if they could apologize for a few of those things while they're at it.
That's what they should get me as a gift. A card that simply says "Dear Mom, Sorry for..."
Here's a list of things they could start with:
1. Sorry for telling my teachers you don't feed me lunch.
2. Sorry for being bad at finger painting.
3. Sorry I've probably permanently damaged your liver.
4. Sorry I made a list of people I love and you weren't on it...but fire trucks were.
5. Sorry I think you look like this...
7. Sorry I sometimes don't like wearing shirts...
8. Sorry I told the car salesman that the cup holders in the new car would be perfect for your wine.
9. Sorry I made you go see The Wiggles live in concert.
10. Sorry I totally F'd up your boobs.
So it's just a short list but it's a start. I'm sure there are lots and lots of other things I could add but if I got a card like this my response would probably be:
"Aw! That's so nice! Thank you for apologizing, kids. And in return...I'm sorry I use your plates to salt my margarita glasses."